Adaptrum announces job openingsAugust 4, 2017
Adaptrum, the leader in TV White Space (TVWS) wireless technology, is now hiring three engineering positions at its newly established Southern Virginia (SOVA) Innovation Center located within the New London Business & Technology Center park in Forest, Virginia. The SOVA Innovation Center launched in June in Bedford County. Read more here.
To apply for any of these positions, please email your resume and details to Bob Bailey at the CAER at email@example.com.
Application and Support engineer — Adaptrum is seeking a self-starter and motivated field application and support Engineer. This field engineer will work closely with the HQ engineers, but has the opportunity to first test and support new products and features in the field, near customers.
Job Summary: You will be required to do scripting, testing of new features and supporting customers to fix their issues. You will also be required to do field networking testing and RF testing.
- Programming languages: Python, Lua, C
- Good knowledge of core networking protocols: TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, VLAN, PPPoE, DHCPv4, DNS, ARP, experience with core networking set up.
- Hands on knowledge of TCP/IP, L2 and L3 networking protocols and stacks.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
- Good Documentation capability.
Desired Qualifications: Good experience with fixed wireless devices, Wifi and network deployment knowledge.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Senior FPGA Engineer — Adaptrum is seeking a self-motivated, team-oriented SOC FPGA design engineer for a contractor or full time employee. This individual will implement complex AXI bus based SOC used in next-generation multi FPGA multi-processor broadband communication system. Responsibilities include architecture/microarchitecture definition, design, implementation and validation of the FPGA.
- 5+ years of experience in ASIC/FPGA design and verification.
- Strong Verilog/VHDL programming skills including unit-level verification.
- Expert working and current knowledge of AXI/AHB/APB protocol and bus fabric architecture.
- Expert working and current knowledge of synthesis constraints (IO and intra chip) and ability to setup synthesis constraints from scratch.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs, ILA and Vivado and Altera FPGAs, SignalTap and Quartus.
- Highly desirable to have hands on FPGA RTL design and debug experience in the current position.
- Experience validating and debugging high-speed interfaces (USB, DDR) and networking protocols (Ethernet) on FPGA.
- Experience validating and debugging multi processor FGPA system.
- Experience working with software engineer to validate software and hardware integration.
Education: BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
Senior System Engineer – Adaptrum is seeking a senior level Wireless System Engineer with 10+ years of research and development experience in wireless communication systems.
- Deep understanding of wireless communication theory and associated signal processing algorithms (such as symbol timing recovery, filtering and interpolation, channel estimation and equalization, modulation and demodulation, OFDM, MIMO, pilot tracking, STC, MRC, antenna diversity, Viterbi, Turbo, LDPC decoders, stochastic signal processing, detection and estimation, RF impairment estimation and correction, etc.).
- Must have good knowledge on 802.11 n, ac PHY layer algorithm.
- Experienced using MATLAB/Simulink/C for algorithm development, modeling and simulation.
- Must be able to conduct system simulation, performance optimization and architectural trade-off for hardware and software implementation.
- with working and current knowledge of OFDMA.
- strong background in Wireless theory Research and Development, preferably with the experience of getting funding for basic research in telecommunication.
- Ability to convert floating point model to fixed point model which satisfies system specification.
Desired Qualifications: Knowledge of WiMAX or LTE MAC and PHY. Strong background and experience with RF.
Education: PhD. from a US telecommunication research university