The New London Business and Technology Center is a 500 wooded acre development owned by the EDA that combines modern day technology with environmentally friendly sites and miles of walking/biking trails. Although the center’s focus is technology, a wide variety of business uses are welcome. The park is home to Simplimatic Automation, NanoTouch, Blue Ridge Test, Commander’s Commissioning, Liberty University’s future home for the School of Engineering & Computational Sciences, and the state of the art Energy Research & Education (CERE) that creates a knowledge-based R&D hub for the region. Options for locating in the New London Business and Technology Center include land lease or outright purchase of lots from the EDA. Special tax incentives are available for qualifying technology companies.
U.S. Route-460 and Meade Road in Bedford County, Virginia
- 500+ acres, wooded sites with buffer and walking trail
- 200+ acres designated a Virginia Technology Zone
- Lots ranging in zize from 8 to 48 acres
- Digital aerial photographs
- Conservation easements in place
- U.S. Route 460 (frontage)
- Interstate 81 north & south (50 miles west)
- Lynchburg Regional Airport (10 miles west)
- Water and sewer throughout (Bedford Regional Water Authority)
- 25-kV, 3 phase electric power installed with the substation located inside the New London park (served by Southside Electric Cooperative)
- Telecom fiber in place at entrance to park (Mid-Atlantic Broadband) Ductbank in place throughout open section. Other providers having fiber in place are Verizon, Shentel, and Lumos.
- Million gallon water storage tank in service, served by Bedford Regional Water Authority.
- Real estate – $.52 per $100 assessed value
- Business personal property – $1.70 per $100 original purchase price
- Machinery and Tools – $1.20 per $100 original purchase price
- Merchants Capital – NONE (eliminated in 2011)
- Planned industrial – allows a variety of business, research, and manufacturing users
- Technology Zone with special incentives for qualifying companies.