COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS Business Assistance and InformationMarch 20, 2020
Important links and phone numbers
Small Business Administration
The Small Business Development Center recommends downloading the Paper Application to determine what information will be needed before beginning the online application process. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, you may apply by calling the SBA at 1-800-659-2955.
SBA Online Application
Small Business Development Center – You can request assistance in your application from the SBDC – www.sbdclynchburgregion.or
Employer Services Assistance (Layoffs/Work Stoppage/Furloughs and Unemployment Claims)
- Employees may contact VEC at 1-866-832-2363 Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm or http://www.vec.virginia.gov/node/11699
Virginia Department of Health
Medical questions, concerns, assistance
VDH Hotline: 877-ASK-VDH3
Virginia Tourism Corporation
This tourism industry page has Virginia updates and a sign-up to join weekly industry conference calls.
- Bedford County – COVID-19/Coronavirus
- Town of Bedford – Civic AlertsVA Department of Health (VDH) – COVID-19/Coronavirus
- U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) – COVID-19/Coronavirus
- World Health Organization (WHO) – COVID-19/Coronavirus
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s Coronavirus Preparation Webpage
- Disaster Loan Assistance
- Loan Programs
- Contracting Assistance
- Free Online Training Courses
- The Internal Revenue Service is offering resources to assist businesses and individuals with tax returns for 2019 as well as tips for how to respond to coronavirus.
- The General Services Administration (GSA) offers opportunities for private organizations to respond to clean up of the COVID-19 – and resources to help businesses who are currently contracting or leasing with the federal agency.