Key benefits of locating in Bedford County
- Virginia is a “Right to Work” state with low union activity.
- Major markets like Washington D.C., New York City and Atlanta are all within a day’s drive.
- Strategically positioned between two MSAs (Metropolitan Statistical Areas), helps you draw from a workforce of over 500,000 people.
- Real estate tax rates are just $0.50 per $100 assessed value.
- Business tax rates are well below the national average.
- Overall business costs are below the national average.
- No Merchant’s Capital Tax.
- No Business License Tax in Bedford County.
- Cooperative, business-friendly local government and Board.
- Great public school system with excellent achievement scores.
- Foreign Trade Zone member.
- Enterprise and Technology Zones, plus local incentives.
- Two Opportunity Zones within the County
- Four inter-regional highways with U.S. 460 connecting with I-81 near Roanoke.