The New London Business and Technology Center is a 500-acre development owned by the EDA that combines modern day technology with environmentally friendly sites and nearly seven miles of walking/biking trails throughout the park. Several lots are cleared and graded, and a shell building is currently under construction on Lot 7. Although the center’s focus is technology, a wide variety of business uses are welcome. The park is home to Simplimatic Automation, NanoTouch Technologies, Commander’s Commissioning, Liberty University’s 28/-acre Tech park that includes the state of the art Engineering Research & Education (CERE) facility that creates a knowledge-based R&D hub for the region. Options for locating in the New London Business and Technology Center include land lease or outright purchase of lots from the EDA. Special tax incentives are available for qualifying technology companies.
Check out the New London Tech Trails here, open to all tenants in the park and the public.
U.S. Route-460 and Meade Road in Bedford County, Virginia
- 500+ acres with buffer and walking/running/biking trails
- 200+ acres designated a Virginia Technology Zone
- Lots ranging in size from 8 to 48 acres
- 3 lots cleared and graded – ranging in size from 4.24 acres to 24 acres.
- 2 lots cleared and grubbed – ranging in size from 7.5 acres to 10 acres.
- Digital aerial photographs
- Conservation easements in place
- U.S. Route 460 (frontage)
- Interstate 81 north & south (35 miles west)
- Lynchburg Regional Airport (10 miles west)
- Water and sewer throughout (Bedford Regional Water Authority)
- 25-kV, 3 phase electric power installed with the substation located inside the New London park (served by Southside Electric Cooperative)
- Telecom fiber in place at entrance to park (Mid-Atlantic Broadband) Ductbank in place throughout open section. Other providers having fiber in place are Verizon, Shentel, and Lumos.
- Million gallon water storage tank in service, served by Bedford Regional Water Authority.
- Real estate – $.52 per $100 assessed value
- Business personal property – $1.70 per $100 original purchase price
- Machinery and Tools – $1.20 per $100 original purchase price
- Merchants Capital – NONE (eliminated in 2011)
- Planned industrial – allows a variety of business, research, and manufacturing users
- Technology Zone with special incentives for qualifying companies.
Other Available Downloads
View our videos featuring the amenities in New london Business & Technology Center park